CANCELED: Ionia County 4-H Bake-Off
April 18, 2020 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Ionia MSU Extension 50 E. Sprague Road Ionia, MI 48846
Contact: Ionia MSU Extension office at 616-527-5357
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO MSU'S RESPONSE TO THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS.
READ MORE ON THE MSU 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS WEBSITE.
The hyperlink should link to: https://msu.edu/coronavirus/.
A great opportunity for youth to show off their baking skills and discuss their products with judges. This is a fun chance for all youth, ages 5-19, to increase their skills.
There is no cost for this event.
- 5-7 year olds - Easy baking – 6 cookies
- 8-11 year olds - Quick breads, 6 muffins or 6 baked cookies
- 12-14 year olds - Yeast products (rolls, bread, etc.), frosted cake, pastry pie
- 15-19 year olds - Baked fancy dessert, fancy pastry, tarts, tortes, or cheesecakes
- 9-19 year olds - Ethnic or International dish
Contest rules as follows:
- Open to ALL youth between the ages of 5-19.
- You MUST pre-register your entry before April 16.
- Food entries MUST be prepared and baked exclusively by the youth. Youth should be supervised by an adult for safety reasons while preparing and baking their entry.
- Bake your entry at home and bring it to the Ionia MSU Extension office, 50 E Sprague between 12 and 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 18.
- Be prepared to talk to the judge and have a written copy of your recipe with you.
- Return between 2:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to pick up your entry. The winning entry in each category (except the 5-7 year olds) will receive a $20 award. The 5-7 year olds – Easy baking will be awarded a participation certification only.