Irrigation Webinar Series - September 15
September 15, 2021 12:00PM - 1:00PM 12-1 p.m.
Registration Deadline: September 15, 2021 - 12:00PM
Held Virtually Via Zoom
July 7, 21; August 4, 18; September 1, 15
Held virtually via zoom
No cost to attend, but pre-registration is requested
Let's Talk Irrigation!
This six session series focuses on irrigation topics such as irrigation management, irrigation efficiency, new and expanding irrigation projects and a weather and crop update.
Topics that will be covered each week:
- Past and forecasted crop water usage compared to rainfall for the last week and next week. (5 minutes)
- Ways to improve irrigation management and efficiency – Irrigation Specialist from MSU and Purdue (15 minutes)
- New and expanding irrigation considerations – Lyndon Kelley, MSU/Purdue Extension Irrigation Educator (15 minutes)
- Updates on irrigation topics related to field crops, vegetable, fruit and ornamental crops by MSU and Purdue specialists and extension educators (15 minutes)
- Open Irrigation question and answer period (from chat or pre-submitted e-mail questions). Please feel free to email irrigation related questions to Betsy Braid at firstname.lastname@example.org before the programs.
Sessions will be held every other week on Wednesdays at Noon. They will begin on July 7 and conclude on September 15.
Draft Topic Agenda
- Maximizing irrigation energy efficiency: how much energy did I use compared to the average? - Dr. Younsuk Dong, MSU BAE Irrigation Specialist
- Water use registration and reporting – Lyndon Kelley, MSU/Purdue Extension Irrigation Educator.
- Michigan site specific review options and the alternatives for registration - Andy Lebaron, MI- EGLE
RUP credits will be available for these sessions.
Registration for this event has closed.