Loan Preparation for New and Beginning Farmers - Online Series - Dec 7
December 7, 2020 12:00PM - 1:00PM
Are you new to the world of lending? Is the idea of taking out a loan for your new farm business a bit intimidating? Loans are an important tool for growing any business and if approached with the right groundwork, can be a beneficial part of your business development.
This series will prepare new and beginning farmers with the tools needed to approach a lender. Join the Michigan Good Food Fund, MSU Product Center, and MSU Extension as we kickoff the series on December 7 plus three-monthly sessions will spotlight representatives from each of the three popular lenders for farmers: GreenStone Farm Credit Services, the USDA Farm Service Agency, and Northern Initiatives, a Michigan Good Food Fund financial partner.
Representatives from each lending organization will discuss the financial and business documents needed to begin the loan process as well as financial tips for successful repayments.
- Series launch event: Monday, December 7 at 12 p.m. EST
- Three educational sessions featuring each lending organization listed below. Sessions will include opportunity for one-on-one “office hours” with the lenders.
- Monday, Jan. 11, 2021 at 12 p.m. EST hosted by GreenStone Farm Credit Services.
- Monday, Feb. 8, 2021 at 12 p.m. EST hosted by Northern Initiatives.
- Monday, March 8, 2021 at 12 p.m. EST hosted by USDA Farm Services Agency