CANCELED: Managing Farm Stress - Saginaw Bay Region
March 27, 2020 - March 31, 2020
Contact: Nicole Walker
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO MSU'S RESPONSE TO THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS.
READ MORE ON THE MSU 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS WEBSITE.
The hyperlink should link to: https://msu.edu/coronavirus/.
Numerous factors may cause stress for farmers. Many farmers face financial problems, price and marketing uncertainties, farm transfer issues, production challenges and more. You may know farmers who struggle with stress, anxiety, depression, burnout, indecision or suicidal thoughts.
You want to help, but maybe are not sure what to say or do. Or maybe you find yourself having to deliver difficult news to farmers. This workshop will help you recognize and respond when you suspect a farmer or farm family member might need help.
- Build awareness around potentially stressful conditions affecting some farmers.
- Learn stress triggers, identify signs of stress and review helpful techniques for responding.
- Learn techniques for identifying, approaching and working with farmers who may not cope with stress effectively.
- Learn where to go for additional help.
Dates & Locations:
- March 27, 9-11 a.m. - Saginaw Valley Research and Extension Center Farm, 3775 S. Reese Rd., Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- March 31, 9-11 a.m. - Delta College, Room D133 (D-wing), 1961 Delta Rd., University Center, Bay City, MI 48706
This program is free, however registration is appreciated.