CANCELED: Master Composter Course
March 13, 2020 - April 1, 2020
300 Section St. Norway, MI 49870
Contact: Rebecca Krans
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO MSU'S RESPONSE TO THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS.
READ MORE ON THE MSU 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS WEBSITE.
The hyperlink should link to: https://msu.edu/coronavirus/.
March 13, 20, & 27, April 1
5:30 - 9 p.m.
Norway High School
Chemistry Room 135
(use entrance I, gym entrance)
300 Section St.
Norway, MI 49870
The course is taught by MSU Extension staff and local compost experts. Topics covered include history of composting, compost composition and chemistry, basic composting and yard waste reduction techniques, worm composting, bin, equipment and site selection and benefits and uses of compost.
To become a certified Master Composter, individuals need to:
- attend all classes
- complete the course work, quizzes, and take home final
- complete 15 hours of volunteer activity related to composting and/or yard waste reduction
- complete the online volunteer selection process
Cost includes notebook and other materials, and refreshments.
***There is a $25.00 cancellation fee for those who do not cancel before March11***
- Early bird fee of $50 by March 6
- $60 fee if register after March 7 through March 11
- No registration accepted after March 11