The Hunt for Premium Carniolan Drones in SLOVENIA 2023 with Megan Mahoney
February 22, 2024 7:00PM - 8:30PM
Online Using Zoom
Contact: Ana Heck
Join Michigan State University (MSU) Extension, Michigan Beekeepers Association, and the Honey Bee Health Coalition for a Zoom webinar with Megan Mahoney titled The Hunt for Premium Carniolan Drones in SLOVENIA 2023 on Thursday, February 22 at 7pm Eastern.
All programs are subject to change and cancelation.
About the presenter
Megan Mahoney has been fascinated by honey bees ever since being introduced to them in Dr. Marla Spivak’s lab in 2003. Her enthusiasm for bees, beekeepers, and bee breeding has grown over time, and inspired her to build up a repertoire of beekeeping experiences and skills across the US. She has invested more than a decade of work inside the commercial bee industry, with past experience working for queen producers in Northern California, leading a tech team for the Bee Informed Partnership in Texas, and working as a technician for the varroa sensitive hygiene (VSH) breeding program on Hawaii, Big Island. In 2019, she and her partner (Ross Klett), founded “MAHONEY BEES & QUEENS,” a company specializing in instrumental insemination, breeder queens, and cell production. They currently manage a migratory Carniolan- based breeding population in addition to helping maintain about 2,000 colonies. They travel (with the bees) between South East Texas and Central North Dakota.
Michigan Beekeepers Association & MSU Extension Spring Conference Events
- The History of Stevens Bee Co: Building a sideline bee breeding operation with Cory Stevens online on Tuesday, February 6 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- Preparing Entries for the Michigan Beekeepers Association Spring Conference Honey Show with Stephanie Slater online on Tuesday, February 13 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- Interactions Among Bee Species with Dr. Diana Cox-Foster online on Thursday, February 15 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- The Hunt for Premium Carniolan Drones in SLOVENIA 2023 with Megan Mahoney online on Thursday, February 22 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- Michigan Beekeepers Association & MSU Extension Spring Conference in person on Friday, March 1 and Saturday, March 2
Michigan Beekeepers Association
Stay connected to MSU Extension
- Sign up for MSU Extension's "Pollinators and Pollination" news digests
- Michigan Pollinator Initiative website
- MSU Extension Pollinators & Pollination website
- MSU Beekeeping YouTube channel
- Michigan Pollinator Initiative Facebook page
- MSU Beekeeping Facebook page
- Ask Extension
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact, Ana Heck, two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.Get Directions