Preparing Entries for the Michigan Beekeepers Association Spring Conference Honey Show with Stephanie Slater
February 13, 2024 7:00PM - 8:30PM
Online Using Zoom
Contact: Ana Heck
Join Michigan State University (MSU) Extension and the Michigan Beekeepers Association for a Zoom webinar on preparing honey show entries with Stephanie Slater on Tuesday, February 13 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern.
The webinar will be recorded. The recording will be posted to MSU Extension's webpage of pollinator & pollination videos and will be available February 20 through March 3, 2024.
All programs are subject to change and cancelation.
Do you want to know more about honey shows? Are you interested in learning how you can prepare your hive products for competition? This workshop will be a discussion on preparing honey and beeswax entries for the Michigan Beekeepers Association 2024 Spring Honey Show. Come prepared with all of your honey show questions.
About the presenter
Stephanie Slater is the owner of Jam Session Honey and Preserves and has been keeping honey bees in Walworth County, Wisconsin for eight years. She serves on the boards of the Walworth County Beekeepers Association, the Wisconsin Honey Producers Association, and the American Beekeeping Federation. She is the 2022 Wisconsin Beekeeper of the Year, the 2023 American Honey Show Best of Show winner and an American Honey Show Training Council Certified Honey Judge.
Michigan Beekeepers Association & MSU Extension Spring Conference Events
- The History of Stevens Bee Co: Building a sideline bee breeding operation with Cory Stevens online on Tuesday, February 6 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- Preparing Entries for the Michigan Beekeepers Association Spring Conference Honey Show with Stephanie Slater online on Tuesday, February 13 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- Interactions Among Bee Species with Dr. Diana Cox-Foster online on Thursday, February 15 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- The Hunt for Premium Carniolan Drones in SLOVENIA 2023 with Megan Mahoney online on Thursday, February 22 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- Michigan Beekeepers Association & MSU Extension Spring Conference in person on Friday, March 1 and Saturday, March 2
Support Michigan Beekeepers Association
Stay connected to MSU Extension
- Sign up for MSU Extension's "Pollinators and Pollination" news digests
- Michigan Pollinator Initiative website
- MSU Extension Pollinators & Pollination website
- MSU Beekeeping YouTube channel
- Michigan Pollinator Initiative Facebook page
- MSU Beekeeping Facebook page
- Ask Extension
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact, Ana Heck, two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.Get Directions