The History of Stevens Bee Co: Building a sideline bee breeding operation with Cory Stevens
February 6, 2024 7:00PM - 8:30PM
Online Using Zoom
Contact: Ana Heck
Join Michigan State University (MSU) Extension and Michigan Beekeepers Association, a Zoom webinar with Cory Stevens titled The History of Stevens Bee Co - Building a sideline bee breeding operation on Tuesday, February 6 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern. In the presentation, Cory will also share his experience selecting for mite and disease resistance.
The webinar will be recorded, and the recording will be posted to MSU Extension's webpage of pollinator & pollination videos. All programs are subject to change and cancelation.
About the presenter
Cory Stevens comes to us from his 27 acre farm in Bloomfield, Missouri; which he manages for wildlife and pollinator habitat. Cory and his wife Jaime own Stevens Bee Company where they have selected a VSH line of bees they call "Missouri Mite Hunters." Cory is a Past President of Missouri State Beekeepers Association. He was certified as a Master Beekeeper by the Eastern Apicultural Society in 2013, and earned a MS in entomology from University of Nebraska - Lincoln. He was trained by Sue Cobey in 2014 to instrumentally inseminate queen bees. Cory slips bees into random conversation with strangers, and annoys his wife by constantly talking about bees.
Michigan Beekeepers Association & MSU Extension Spring Conference Events
- The History of Stevens Bee Co: Building a sideline bee breeding operation with Cory Stevens online on Tuesday, February 6 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- Preparing Entries for the Michigan Beekeepers Association Spring Conference Honey Show with Stephanie Slater online on Tuesday, February 13 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- Interactions Among Bee Species with Dr. Diana Cox-Foster online on Thursday, February 15 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- The Hunt for Premium Carniolan Drones in SLOVENIA 2023 with Megan Mahoney online on Thursday, February 22 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern
- Michigan Beekeepers Association & MSU Extension Spring Conference in person on Friday, March 1 and Saturday, March 2
Support Michigan Beekeepers Association
Stay connected to MSU Extension
- Sign up for MSU Extension's "Pollinators and Pollination" news digests
- Michigan Pollinator Initiative website
- MSU Extension Pollinators & Pollination website
- MSU Beekeeping YouTube channel
- Michigan Pollinator Initiative Facebook page
- MSU Beekeeping Facebook page
- Ask Extension
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact, Ana Heck, two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.Get Directions