MSU AgBioResearch and Extension Field Day at West Central Research Center
October 19, 2021 12:00PM - 3:30PM
Registration Deadline: October 18, 2021 - 11:45PM
5185 N. Oceana Dr., Hart, MI 49420
Contact: James Kells
The field day will allow the West Central Michigan Research Station to showcase its new facilities, ongoing research projects related to tree fruit, and future planting and research plans.
In August of 2021, MSU and West Central Michigan Horticultural Research Inc., a nonprofit organization created to develop a research station to support the agriculture that supports Oceana, Mason and Newaygo counties, opened the research center focused on tree fruit agriculture in Hart, Michigan.
The field day will provide the first opportunity for guests to learn more about the research being done at the center as well as the many benefits the center will provide for the residents of the region.
The MSU AgBioResearch and Extension Field Day will feature:
- A lunch featuring a local vendor showcase
- A meet and greet with new Tree Fruit Extension Educator Emily Lavely
- Foliar and Trunk Injection Delivery of Biopesticides for Control of Pear Psylla presented by John C. Wise, a professor in the MSU Department of Entomology, and Research and Extension Coordinator of the MSU Trevor Nichols Research Center
- A Vision for the West Central Tree Fruit Industry: Navigating the Future Together presented by Lavely
- Cherry leaf spot control with protectant fungicides presented by George Sundin, a University Distinguished Professor and Extension Specialist in the Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences at MSU
- A Detailed Look at Nematodes, Tree Growth and Replant Challenges presented by Marisol Quintanilla, an Applied Nematologist at MSU
- Enviroweather Station to Provide Critical Data for Tree Fruit Management presented by Keith Mason, an Enviroweather Coordinator in the Department of Geography, Environment and Spatial Sciences at MSU
This event qualifies for 4 restricted use pesticide (RUP) credits! Private or Commercial Core or 1C.
This event qualifies for 3 Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) credits!
The approved CEU's are:
- Nutrient Management: 0
- Soil & Water Management: 0.5
- Integrated Pest Management: 1
- Crop Management: 1.5
For more information, contact ANR Event Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-353- 3175 or Kathy Walicki at 231-873-2129 or email@example.com.
Registration for this event has closed.Get Directions