MSU Extension 2019 Beginning Farmer Webinar Series
March 20, 2019 - April 3, 2019 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Contact: James Isleib
Beginning farmers and others with basic information needs are invited to participate in a series of twelve online programs addressing crop and livestock production, farm business and marketing on Wednesday evenings January 16 through April 3, 2019. Participants will get an overview of a variety of farming enterprises and topics, and have an opportunities through live, online chat to ask questions of MSU and other agriculture experts.
Several archived recordings of MSU Extension Beginning Farmer Webinars on a variety of topics from previous years are available for viewing at http://msue.anr.msu.edu/program/info/beginning_farmer_webinar_series.
Getting Started With
- The Physical Labor of Farming
- January 16; Ned Stoller, Easterseals Michigan AgrAbility Program
- Growing Specialty Mushrooms
- January 23; Matt Hall, Midnight Harvest
- Pruning Fruit Trees
- January 30; Bob Tritten, MSU Extension
- Soil Physical Properties for Field and Hoophouse
- February 6; Fred Springborn, MSU Extension
- Seed Saving
- February 13; Eric Kampe, Ann Arbor Seed Company
- Small Farm Business Start-Up
- February 20; Wendy Wieland, MSU Product Center Innovation Counsellor
- Small Farm Meat Chicken Production
- February 27; Zachary Williams, MSU Animal Science Department
- Pruning Small Fruits
- March 6; Steve Fouch, MSU Extension (retired)
- Quality Hay and Pasture
- March 13; Jim Isleib, MSU Extension
- Selling to Wholesale Buyers
- March 20; Jae Gerhart, MSU Extension
- Farm Financial Management: The Next Step
- March 27; Frank Wardynski, MSU Extension
- Cover Crop Types and Uses on your Farm
- April 3; Vicki Morrone, MSU Center for Regional Food Systems
Each 60 minute live webinar presentation will begin at 7 PM EST and will include opportunities for chat-based 'question & answer' with the presenter. A $5 fee is charged for each webinar in the series, or $30 for the full series (50% savings!).
Individuals should contact Jim Isleib if they have financial obstacles to participation.
Registration, a brochure containing details on each individual program, and on-line or mailed payment options can be found at https://events.anr.msu.edu/begfrmr19/. You may register for all or some of the courses at any time, even if the session has already taken place. In that case, you will get a link to the recorded program.
A high-speed internet connection is required. You will receive webinar connection information after you register.