National 4-H Agri-Science Summit
January 9, 2020 - January 12, 2020
National 4-H Conference Center, 7100 Connecticut Ave, Chevy Chase, MD 20815 Near Washington, D.C.
Contact: Betty Jo Krosnicki
Michigan Delegation Registration
Jan. 9-12, 2020
At the National Youth Summit on Agri-Science high school students develop the skills and knowledge needed for the challenges facing agriculture, food security and sustainability. National 4-H Council and National 4-H Conference Center have partnered with agricultural scientists, researchers, leaders, politicians, and advocates to host the National Youth Summit on Agri-Science. This Summit emphasizes hands-on educational experiences led by experts in the agricultural community.
Conference Features include:
- Issues Identification & Action Planning
- Career Exploration
- Educational Sessions
- D.C. Tour
- Guest Speakers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Michigan youth in grades 9-12
Must be enrolled in 4-H Online prior to conference; must have completed media/medical release form in 4-H Online.
DATE & TIME:
Jan. 9-12, 2020
National 4-H Conference Center, 7100 Connecticut Ave, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Near Washington, D.C.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Register online by Dec 20, 2019
$400 (includes lodging, transportation, most meals, DC tour, conference registration). All registration fees must be paid in full prior to the trip. Cancellations after the registration deadline will be charged $1060 to cover the full cost of the expenses for this event.
Full payment for your registration ($400) is required before the registration deadline (Dec. 20, 2019).
Before completing the registration form, please have your payment information handy. Upon completion of the registration page, you will automatically be redirected to the credit card payment screen. Please only complete your payment here if you intend to pay the entire registration fee using your credit card; there is not an option on this screen to make a partial payment, and a refund may not be possible if you anticipate receiving a county scholarship.
Payments can be made by any of the following options.
- Credit Card—you pay the full registration fee using your credit card in the registration system.
- Check—if you do not have a credit card and need to make payment by check please mail your check to workshop coordinator (Sanilac MSU Extension, Attn: Betty Jo Krosnicki, 171 Dawson St. Suite 323, Sandusky, MI 48471. When the credit card screen comes up, close out of it. If paying by check, please make check payable to Michigan State University.
- 4-H County scholarship—your 4-H Program Coordinator is providing an MSU account number to cover your registration. When you reach the credit card payment screen, close out of the system; do not pay by credit card. Your 4-H Program Coordinator will need to provide the workshop coordinator with the MSU account number.
- 4-H Council scholarship—your local 4-H Council is providing funding to cover part or all of your registration. When you reach the credit card payment screen, close out of the system; do not pay by credit card. A check from your 4-H Council should be mailed to the workshop coordinator.
Participants making payments other than by credit card during the registration process should alert the workshop coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any remaining balance after scholarships are applied is the responsibility of the workshop participant.
Scholarships for conference registration fees and transportation for some participants provided by Bayer and National 4-H Council.
Related Topic Areas
4-H Environmental & Outdoor Education, 4-H Global & Cultural Education, 4-H Leadership, Citizenship & Service, 4-H Plants, Soils & Gardening, 4-H Entomology, 4-H Rabbits & Cavies, 4-H Sheep Production & Management, 4-H Beef Production & Management, 4-H Biological Science, 4-H Science Blast in the Class, 4-H Poultry Production & Management, 4-H Dairy Cattle Production & Management, 4-H Animal Evaluation, 4-H Horses & Ponies, 4-H Swine Production & Management, 4-H Communications, 4-H Life Skills, 4-H Healthy Youth, Sheep & Goats, 4-H Careers & Entrepreneurship