NCI COMPLETE Charrette Certificate Training – Online Synchronous
June 6, 2022 - June 17, 2022
Registration Deadline: May 27, 2022 - 05:00PM
(Registration open March 1, 2022 - May 27, 2022)
Contact: Holly Madill
The National Charrette Institute is excited to host its first, publicly available COMPLETE Charrette certificate training in an online synchronous format. This training is ideal for anyone involved in transforming communities and organizations, those charged with managing charrettes, or who may hire a consultant to conduct a charrette. This may include city and regional planners, public health staff, developers, architects, land and transportation planning consultants, citizen advocates, directors and project managers.
This training combines the content from NCI’s System and Management & Facilitation courses with new content around dealing with conflict and diversity, equity and inclusion via guest instructors. The Complete Charrette Certificate course is a highly interactive course which blends instruction with case study exercises, practicing techniques and tools learned to provide participants with all the content required to successfully prepare for, manage, facilitate, and conduct a charrette.
This course represents a collaborative project management system centered on the co-design process using charrettes. It includes:
- Project assessment tools for gauging the length and cost of a charrette using a project budget, political considerations and design difficulty.
- Nuts-and-bolts tools needed for managing a multiple-day charrette.
- Introduction to diversity, equity and inclusion and ways to make charrette processes more inclusive.
- Approaches for dealing with conflict.
No prerequisite is required.
Lab 1 Orientation: June 6 from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Lab 2 Principles to Product Matrix: June 10 from 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Lab 3 Stakeholder Analysis: June 13 from 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Lab 4 Roadmap, Schedule, Budget: June 15 from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Lab 5 Wrap Up: June 17 from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
*End times may vary slightly. Times listed are Eastern Time Zone.
The course fee is $885. This fee does not include the book for required reading.
It also does not include meals, transportation, parking or lodging.
Twenty percent (20%) discount when your organization registers five or more people. Contact Holly Madill for more details.
Zoom links will be provided after registration.
20 AIA/CES | 20 AICP/CM | 20 ASLA/PDH
Capacity is limited to 20 participants on a first come, first served basis.
The Charrette Handbook, 2nd Edition is not required, but suggested reading. The book may be purchased from the following and may take up to 4 weeks to ship:
Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group: Paperback: $56.95 / E-Book price: $51.25. APA members are entitled to 20% off all print books orders from Routledge.com.
Amazon: Paperback price: $54.98 / Kindle price: $42.71 and other sellers.
How to Register
IMPORTANT NOTE: Michigan State University (MSU) reserves the right to cancel a training unless adequate registrations are received 14 days prior to the event. Do not make non-refundable travel arrangements until notified that the course is confirmed. MSU is not responsible for non-refundable travel arrangements if the course is cancelled.
Registering for a NCI training can be completed in one of two ways and is tied to your method of payment (either credit card or check).
- Pay by Credit Card (preferred): Register online using the MSU Cashnet system. All needed information will be gathered through this checkout process.
- Pay by Check: Download the Registration Form, and complete and return this form with your check. Note: This PDF is an Acrobat fillable-form and must be opened with the Adobe Acrobat Reader software. Simply right-click on the “Registration Form” hyperlink from your browser and select “Save link as.” Then, you can open up the PDF file using the Adobe Acrobat Reader software from your computer to complete the form.
Registration for this event has closed.Get Directions