ONLINE RELAX: Alternatives to Anger Series May 7-28
May 7, 2020 - May 28, 2020 7 - 8 pm EST
Online via Zoom
Contact: Nicole Wethington
RELAX: Alternatives to Anger helps teens, adults, parents and caregivers understand and manage anger and stress, and develop the communication and problem solving skills needed for healthy relationships.
Participants will learn:
- What anger is
- What triggers anger
- Calming down and de-stressing methods
- Problem solving
- Effective communication skills
- Forgiving and letting go of the past
This is a four session series.
Session 1- What is Anger?
• Learn to define anger.
• Recognize and name anger signals.
• Constructive vs Destructive Anger.
Session 2 - Calming Down and De-Stressing
• Becoming aware of the effects of cortisol on the brain.
• Learn ways to calm down and de-stress when angry.
Session 3 - The Six Principles of Problem Solving
• The six principles of problem solving.
• "I" messages.
• Positive communication skills.
Session 4 - Forgiving and Letting Go of the Past
• Participants will be given resources that will aid them in forgiving others.
• Participants will acquire the skills to put their knowledge of the RELAX concepts into everyday situations.
This is a free class.
This is a live class using Zoom and will not be recorded.
Related Topic Areas
Keweenaw County, Houghton County, Ontonagon County, Baraga County, Gogebic County, Iron County, Dickinson County, Menominee County, Delta County, Marquette County, Alger County, Schoolcraft County, Luce County, Chippewa County, Mackinac County, Emmet County, Charlevoix County, Cheboygan County, Otsego County, Presque Isle County