Online RELAX Evening Series Feb 3-24 from 6:00-7:30 PM
February 3, 2021 - February 24, 2021
Contact: Holly Tiret, firstname.lastname@example.org, 616-570-5818
Online Wednesday Evenings from 6:00-7:30 PM
Alternatives to Anger is a four-part educational series designed to help adults, parents and caregivers increase their knowledge about anger issues and put anger management and healthy relationship skills into practice. Through presentations, group discussion and skill-building activities, participants learn what anger is, what triggers anger, calming down and de-stressing methods, the principles of problem solving, effective communication skills and forgiving and letting go of the past.
The concepts of RELAX include:
- Recognize your anger signals.
- Empathize by seeing the other person’s point of view.
- Listen and really hear what the other person is saying.
- Accept that the other person’s anger is NOT ABOUT YOU.
- “X”- out the past and keep it in the present.
02/03/2021 Lesson 1 – What is Anger
02/10/2021 Lesson 2 – Calming Down and De-Stressing
02/17/2021 Lesson 3 – Six Principles of Problem Solving
02/24/2021 Lesson 4 – Forgiving and Letting Go of the Past