Pollinator Habitat Technical Training Workshop
August 23, 2023 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Trevor Nichols Research Center - 6237 124th Ave, Fennville, MI
Contact: Meghan Milbrath, Connie Crancer firstname.lastname@example.org, 231.246.3931
Learn about the multiple benefits provided to agricultural lands from integrating pollinator habitat. The workshop will provide technical guidance to help you create and manage different habitat installation types to support your land, increase productivity, improve soil and water health, and support pollinators. Pollinator Partnership and Project Wingspan Agricultural Lands invite members of the agricultural community to participate in the upcoming in-person workshop to increase knowledge of practices that both support pollinator conservation and directly benefit agricultural lands!
The following Continuing Education Credits will be available for MDARD Pesticide Applicator Certification: 1A, 1B, 1C, and one private core Provides MAEAP (Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program) Phase 1 accreditation.
Topics covered will include
- Pollinator biology and ecology, habitat requirements, and their economic importance
in agricultural settings.
- The economic and ecological benefits of locating pollinator habitat in ag lands
- Technical guidance on creating and establishing various habitat installation types
- Information on local, state, and federal agencies/organizations that offer technical assistance and financial programs
- A guided field tour of farm sites will follow the classroom portion of the workshop to allow participants to talk with farmland managers and to see how habitat is integrated into their operations and management routines
6237 124th Avenue
Fennville, MI 49408