Powerful Tools for Caregivers - Fully Online: Tuesdays, August 4 - 8, 2020
August 4, 2020 - September 8, 2020 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. EST
Contact: For more information, contact Pam Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231.592.0792
Powerful Tools for Caregivers is an evidence-based program designed to equip caregivers with a range of self-care tools to help them reduce personal stress and communicate effectively with family members and healthcare providers. This is a program to help the caregiver take care of themselves.
This 6-week program will help you take care of yourself while caring for a relative or friend (no professional caregivers, please). You will benefit from the workshop whether you are helping a parent, spouse, friend or someone who lives at home, in a nursing home, or across the country. Please note that this workshop will not focus on specific diseases or hands-on care giving for the care receiver.
This workshop will give YOU, the family caregiver, tools to:
» Help you reduce stress
» Communicate effectively with other family members, your doctor, paid help
» Take care of yourself
» Reduce guilt, anger, and depression
» Help you relax
» Make tough decisions
» Set goals and problem-solve
The workshop covers the following topics:
- Hiring in-home help
- Understanding depression
- Helping memory-impaired elders
- Making decisions about driving
- Making legal and financial decisions
1. Due to some of the sensitive discussions, and to allow yourself the opportunity to talk freely, you may wish to separate yourself from your care-receiver during class time.
2. Staff will contact you by email, 1 week prior to the class start date for a brief orientation to zoom.
3. Textbook: 'The Caregiver Helpbook' is optional and not required. Should you wish to order the book visit: https://www.powerfultoolsforcaregivers.org/product/caregiverhelpbook-
Dates: Tuesdays, August 4, 11, 18, 25, September 1, 8
Related Topic Areas
Keweenaw County, Houghton County, Ontonagon County, Baraga County, Gogebic County, Iron County, Dickinson County, Menominee County, Delta County, Marquette County, Alger County, Schoolcraft County, Luce County, Chippewa County, Mackinac County, Emmet County, Charlevoix County, Cheboygan County, Otsego County, Presque Isle County