CANCELED: RELAX: Alternatives to Anger - Oct. 2020
October 6, 2020 - October 27, 2020 10 - 11:30 am EST
Online via Zoom
Contact: Georgina Perry
This program has been canceled.
Thursdays, October 6 - 27, 2020
10 - 11:30 a.m. EST
RELAX: Alternatives to Anger helps adults, parents and caregivers understand and manage anger and stress and develop the communication and problem-solving skills needed for healthy relationships.
Participants will learn:
- What anger is
- What triggers anger
- Calming down and de-stressing methods
- Problem solving
- Effective communication skills
- Forgiving and letting go of the past
This is a four session series.
Session 1- What is Anger?
October 6, 10-11:30 a.m. EST
• Learn to define anger.
• Recognize and name anger signals.
• Constructive vs Destructive Anger.
Session 2 - Calming Down and De-Stressing
October 13, 10-11:30 a.m. EST
• Becoming aware of the effects of cortisol on the brain.
• Learn ways to calm down and de-stress when angry.
Session 3 - The Six Principles of Problem Solving
October 20, 10-11:30 a.m. EST
• The six principles of problem solving.
• "I" messages.
• Positive communication skills.
Session 4 - Forgiving and Letting Go of the Past
October 27, 10-11:30 a.m. EST
• Participants will be given resources that will aid them in forgiving others.
• Participants will acquire the skills to put their knowledge of the RELAX concepts into everyday situations.