RELAX Alternatives to Anger Series Online Oct 3 to Oct 24 from 8-9am
October 3, 2023 - October 24, 2023
Contact: Holly Tiret, firstname.lastname@example.org, 616-570-5818
Alternatives to Anger is a four-part educational series designed to help adults, parents and caregivers increase their knowledge about anger issues and put anger management and healthy relationship skills into practice. Through presentations, group discussion and skill-building activities, participants learn what anger is, what triggers anger, calming down and de-stressing methods, the principles of problem solving, effective communication skills and forgiving and letting go of the past.
The concepts of RELAX include:
- Recognize your anger signals.
- Empathize by seeing the other person’s point of view.
- Listen and really hear what the other person is saying.
- Accept that the other person’s anger is NOT ABOUT YOU.
- “X”- out the past and keep it in the present.
Tuesdays, from 8:00-9:00 am ET
Oct 3: Lesson 1 – What is anger?
Oct 10: Lesson 2 – Calming down and de-stressing.
Oct 17: Lesson 3 – Six Principles of Problem-Solving.
Oct 24: Lesson 4 – Forgiving and Letting Go of the Past
You will be sent a link to join after registration.