Show Your Money Smarts Contest 2023
March 21, 2023 - April 13, 2023 Registration deadline April 13, 2023. Complete contest by April 30, 2023.
Registration Deadline: April 13, 2023 - 12:00AM
Contact: Katherine Jamieson , Laurie Rivetto
Show Your Money Smarts Contest aims to give youth a jump start by equipping them with the power of knowledge to make sound financial choices.
Learn how to use credit wisely in this year's fifth annual online contest. Compete with other youth across the state of Michigan in this 30 question online challenge during the month of April and win prizes. High scoring youth will be entered into a prize drawing to win $25 gift card. Start developing a good credit score and history at a young age and learn how to make your credit work for you!
Teachers, librarians and other youth development professionals also can win $25 gift card if a non-related youth you referred to the contest wins. One gift card per referring adult.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
Any youth 13-19 across the state of Michigan. Open to both 4-H and non 4-H members.
Register by April 13, 2023, by 11:59 p.m. ET. Complete the contest by April 30, 2023, 11:59 p.m. ET
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Register below by April 13, 2023. You must sign up to be eligible for prizes. If a non-related teacher, librarian or other youth development professional referred you to this contest, you will want to include their name and email for their chance to win a prize too!
- Learn about credit by attending an in-person class, Zoom class, reading articles, or completing the Nearpod class here and/or explore other credit education resources found on the Michigan 4-H website.
- On April 14, you will receive an e-mail with the game code for Quizizz. The game will be available for two weeks (April 16-30, 2023 at midnight)
- Go to quizizz.com/join on a phone or tablet and enter the code using the same name when you registered (step 1).
- Complete the challenge using the code by April 30, 2023 at midnight. The contest involves answering 30 multiple choice questions around credit. It will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- High scoring youth will be entered into a prize drawing to win a $25 gift card. A maximum of 10 youth winners will be selected. Winners will be notified by May 8, 2023.
Follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram for additional contests, events, resources and news on youth financial topics.
Prizes are provided through a generous gift from our sponsor, Michigan Credit Union Foundation