Smart Gardening with Vegetables 101
May 1, 2020 - August 31, 2020
What: We will cover gardening from start to finish: What you need to get started, types of gardening, planning and preparation, soil preparation, plants to select, starting and maintaining healthy plants, garden maintenance, harvest and storage, pollinators and various gardening activities. All resources will be available to download onto your own computer. You will have 90 days to complete this course.
Why: Enjoy the health benefits of eating your own homegrown vegetables. Learn how you can contribute to the Smart Gardening principles of healthy soil, healthy plants and healthy lawns. After successful completion and 80% proficiency, participants will receive a certificate of completion. This series also qualifies for six hours of Extension Master Gardener educational credits.
Fee: 50% discount of $15 through May 15, 2020. After May 15, course will be $30.
To register for this course you will need to create an account, sign in with your email/password, and complete the registration process. To watch a video tutorial, demonstrating an overview of the registration process, click on the following link: Online Course Registration Video Tutorial. Step-by-step instructions are below.
- Create your MSU Guest Account/Community ID and Password: Create Your Account
- Login to the registration system with your Community ID and Password: Smart Gardening with Vegetables 101 Online. Follow the instructions to register for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
Please note that MSU online courses do not support Internet Explorer.
Logging Into the Online Course
*Please note that our learning management system does not support Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
Once you have registered, follow the instructions below to login – you will use the same login credentials that you set during registration (your NetID is your email address used during registration and use the same password set during registration).
- Go to the Michigan State University’s Online Course System (known as Desire2Learn or D2L): https://d2l.msu.edu/.
- Click on the Login button. In the MSU NETID field enter your email address (enter the same email used during registration).
- Enter the password you set during registration.
- You will be logged into D2L - click on the View All Courses link and you will see the course listed.
*Note: If you need to reset your password go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password.
For technical assistance please contact Michigan State University Discovery Services at 517-353-8700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. They are available from 7am-Midnight Monday through Friday and 10am-Midnight on Saturday/Sunday.
Related Topic Areas
Keweenaw County, Houghton County, Ontonagon County, Baraga County, Gogebic County, Iron County, Dickinson County, Menominee County, Delta County, Marquette County, Alger County, Schoolcraft County, Luce County, Chippewa County, Mackinac County, Emmet County, Charlevoix County, Cheboygan County, Otsego County, Presque Isle County