Spring Food Preservation Classes- May 6th -Home Food Preservation - Tools of the Trade
May 6, 2021 1:30PM - 7:30PM
Join MSU Extension Educators to learn the latest methods and research for preserving foods at home. Let us help you fill your pantry and freezer by preserving food safely at home. Join us using Zoom for each session or choose the topics that you are interested in.
Classes are offered Thursdays from 1-2:30 p.m. or from 6-7:30 p.m. EDT.
These free workshops will be taught by MSU Extension Food Safety Educators.
Classes will be available on the following dates:
- May 13, 2021 - No Workshops Scheduled for this day
- May 20, 2021 - Freezing and Blanching Produce and Herbs
- Learn easy steps for vegetables, fruits, and herbs to ensure a quality product to enjoy later.
- May 27, 2021 - Basics of Boiling Water Bath and Steam Canning
- Learn the safe methods of using the boiling water bath and steam canning processing methods.
- June 3, 2021 - From Our Kitchen to Yours, Answers to Your Preservation Questions
- Join our Food Safety Team for a live Question and Answer session on safe methods of preserving foods at home.
- June 10, 2021 - Preserving Foods as a Family
- Create traditions as a family and discover the fun of working together to preserve family favorites.
- June 17, 2021 - Strawberries - More than Just Jam
- Explore how to can, freeze, and make fruit leather, as well as jam with this popular fruit.
- June 24, 2021 - Pressure Canning
- Learn how to safely process low-acid foods.