CANCELED: Water School: Essential Resources for Local Officials -- Friends of the Rouge
September 22, 2020 - September 23, 2020
E.L. Johnson Nature Center 3325 Franklin Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Contact: Sally Petrella 734-927-4904 or firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO MSU'S RESPONSE TO THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS.
READ MORE ON THE MSU 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS WEBSITE.
The hyperlink should link to: https://msu.edu/coronavirus/.
If you’re interested in learning about the many facets of water, its importance to our economy and environment, and what you as a local official or decision maker can do to protect this valuable resource, please plan to attend Michigan State University (MSU) Extension’s 2-day Water School: Essential Resources for Local Officials. The MSU Extension Water School is a joint project between MSU Extension and Michigan Sea Grant.
- Michigan’s Blue Economy
- Local water issues
- Water quantity and groundwater availability in Michigan
- Dealing with water quality issues affecting the waters of Michigan
- Critical connections to Michigan’s Water Strategy
- Fiscal benefits of water management
- How to incorporate water into local planning and placemaking
- Risk management approaches
- Water policy at the federal, tribal, state and local levels
- Online Toolkit to help address water problems
Program speakers represent staff educators and faculty from MSU Extension, MSU, and local experts.
- Full refund available if requested by 11:59 p.m. Sept 7, 2020.
- Refund of $125 if requested Sept 8-Sept 16, 2020.
- No refunds Sept 17, 2020 and later.