Wheat Wisdom Webinar Series: Wheat Marketing
February 17, 2021 8:00AM - 9:30AM
Contact: Dennis Pennington, email@example.com or 269-832-0497
While the pandemic persists across the globe, advancing knowledge and expertise in wheat production remains. Virtual technology allows people to come together from anywhere they are in the world. In a typical year, the Michigan Wheat Program and MSU Extension would host an annual meeting where farmers and agribusiness come together face to face and share research, ideas, and issues to advance the wheat industry in Michigan. But the pandemic will not get us down; instead, we will host the Wheat Wisdom Webinar Series. One benefit of going virtual is that we are able to bring a remarkable set of speakers from across the globe to share their expertise with us. This week's webinar features Angie Setzer talking about wheat marketing.
Angie Setzer, is Grain Vice Pres. for Citizens Elevator, LLC, in Charlotte, managing five elevator locations. She has extensive experience in a unique direct-ship cash grain program. Setzer writes Pro Farmers’ weekly “Cash is King” column, is the @GoddessofGrain on Twitter and a frequent commentator on Weather Channel, AgDay, US Farm Report and other media.
The full schedule of speakers includes:
- Feb. 17, 8-9:30 am – Angie Setzer, Wheat Marketing, Vice President of Grain, Citizens Elevator, LLC, of Charlotte, Michigan
- Feb. 24, 8-9:30 am – Phil Needham, Fall Wheat Management and Combine Residue Management, Needham Ag Technologies of Calhoun, Kentucky
- Mar. 3, 8-9:30 am – Dr. Romulo Lollato, Checkoff into Practice: Research on high-yielding wheat in Kansas, Associate Professor of Wheat and Forages Production, Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas
- Mar. 10, 8 am-9:30 am – Dr. Pete Berry, Enhancing Wheat Yields in Europe and the US, Head of Crop Physiology and Principal Scientist, ADAS, in North Yorkshire, England
- Mar. 17, 8-9:30 am – Peter Johnson, Fine Tuning Wheat, Wheat Expert and retired Provincial Cereal Specialist for Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs in Ontario, Canada
- Mar. 24, 8-9:30 am – Dennis Pennington, Wheat Crop & Research Update and Michigan Wheat Yield Contest Winners, Wheat Specialist, Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan