CANCELED: Youth Reflect and Connect Sessions
June 17, 2020 - June 23, 2020 EST
Online via Zoom
Contact: Brian Wibby
This program has been cancelled.
What we are experiencing during this novel coronavirus pandemic individually, locally and globally is unprecedented. Many of us may be experiencing a full range of thoughts and emotions combined with our concern for our loved ones, community members and our larger world. During this time when our lives and routines may be changed, altered or completely disrupted, one way to help support each other and build resiliency is to come together to reflect and connect.
Reflect and Connect sessions are meant to help people through stressful events or periods. In this regard, MSU Extension will offer a trauma-sensitive opportunity for any Michigan 4-H member, who is interested, to come together with other youth and MSU Extension staff for a facilitated Zoom dialogue focused on the following:
- An opportunity to create a space for an “emotional check-in” with others
- A mindful space to build and share stories of individual and community challenges and resiliency
- An opportunity to work together to identify how we can navigate our individual and community health
The Youth Reflect and Connect Sessions are not intended to provide counseling or therapy or to provide a town hall event to voice opinions regarding MSU Extension or Michigan 4-H programs. They are also not designed to answer questions about national, state or local guidelines regarding the novel coronavirus or policies regarding Michigan 4-H youth development programs.
Michigan 4-H will offer Youth Reflect and Connect sessions on the following days and times (all times in EST). Each session is limited to 12-15 participants each in order to facilitate conversation, with the following facilitators:
- Youth ages 13-14:
- June 18 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- June 23 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Youth ages 15-16:
- June 17 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- June 22 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Youth ages 17-19:
- June 17 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- June 23 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
This training is for currently registered members of Michigan 4-H members.Get Directions