ANR Event Services has many services and tools available to assist you in successfully planning your event. Whether you are looking for help planning a one-day workshop, a week-long national conference or anything in between, ANR Event Services has the experience and knowledge to arrange:
- Meeting space
- Food and beverages
- Unique venues
- Travel authorization
- Electronic registration and payment
- On-site registration and payment
ServicesTo explore the possibilities for your next event or start planning on your own, please take a moment to answer the following questions:
- If there are partner agencies, is MSU Extension the lead HOST agency of the event? If you answered no, stop here! If MSU Extension is not the lead HOST, then another organization or partner should be handling the planning for the event.
- Is this a 4-H event/activity? If you answered yes, stop here and contact ANR Event Services at (517) 353-3175 or by email.
- Are you expecting more than 150 participants (the larger your expected participation, the more complex planning required).
- Will your program be held at non-MSU locations that require a contract (i.e. room rentals, room blocks or contracts for meals or other services for your event)?
- Is the event going to be held at multiple locations with facility or vendor contracts?
- Are you using more than one hotel, or multiple facilities for one meeting?
- If MSU Extension is the coordinating agency of a large program that requires multiple onsite coordination meetings, will your leadership and attendance be required at planning meetings? How often?
- Are there local sponsors or partnerships with other agencies that are willing to underwrite or donate to your activity? How are these funds going to be handled?
- Are you able to recoup your costs from the event? (i.e. travel, speaker stipends, overnight accommodations, or other related costs for Educator’s time and services).
- Will there be expenses or fees paid to any one individual?
If you answered yes to one or more of the questions above, please contact ANR Event Services for a complimentary consultation regarding your event. Please be prepared to complete the ANR Event Services Event Intake Form to help us get a better understanding of your event needs.
If you answered no to any of the questions above, and are ready to start planning your event, download this timeline/to-do list template to help get you started: Template - Event Planning Timeline