Online International Short Course on Innovations in Agriculture Extension Management 2022
September 12-16, 2022
MSU Extension, in collaboration with international programs in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources will offer a five-day course for international professionals working in Extension.
International professionals working in agriculture extension programs, management and advisory services.
This fee-based event will provide training to extension specialists, innovative farmers, agricultural consultants, policy makers, regulators, scientists, and academicians as well as representatives from the private sector and international organizations.
Participants will explore case studies and best practices in Extension, Example topics focused on will include:
- Overview and key concepts of US Land-Grant Extension model: funding, structure, and stakeholder relations
- Entrepreneurship in food, agriculture and linking farmers to markets
- Programming for producers: soil testing; integrated pest management; disease testing/diagnostics; and climate smart decision making through Enviroweather
- International trade, business and import and export of agricultural commodities
- Models of Extension worldwide
While English will be the language of instruction for this course, we recognize that it will not be the first language of most course participants, and materials will not exceed an intermediate-high level of proficiency.
Participants will stay close to the MSU Campus and spend time on campus in lectures and discussions. They will visit university farms, labs and facilities as well as off-campus private farms and a research station to learn extension practices and approaches.
Fee: USD $4000 per participant. This includes instructional fee, training materials, program-related local transportation including airport pickup and drop off, meals, and 6 days lodging. Airfare is not included.