Engagement + ORL
The FCCP engages with various audiences through activities like free webinars, an online community for our alumni, event participation, and trainings. These activities create accessible outlets to share information about forest carbon and climate adaptation and mitigation to connect decision-makers with the communities they serve.
Scroll down to view additional details regarding our ongoing engagement activities, including:
- FCCP Insights - a place for FCCP affiliated students, faculty, and partners to share research and ideas with our community on topics of forest carbon and climate change
- FCWG Science Series for Policymakers - an educational series designed for policymakers and those that support policy decision-makers, these morning sessions explore the science underlying forest health, products, and benefits in a changing climate
- FCCP Open Resource Library (ORL) - a collection of freely available resources on topics of forest carbon and climate change
- Forests + Climate Learning Exchange Series - a free webinar series to inform participants of current and upcoming discussions on policy and strategy related to forest carbon
- News and Events - a list of news articles related to the FCCP and published writing authored or contributed to by the FCCP
A collection of freely available resources on topics of forest carbon and climate. Click here to explore the FCCP Open Resource Library (ORL).
FCCP Insights Page
FCCP Insights is a place for FCCP affiliated students, faculty, and partners to share research and ideas with our community on topics of forest carbon and climate change. Click here to check out FCCP Insights. Please note that this resource is currently in development.
The Learning Exchange Series is hosted by Kylie Clay, Associate Director of the MSU Forest Carbon and Climate Program (FCCP), in partnership with the Society of American Foresters (SAF). Support for this series is provided, in part, by funding from SAF's Hagenstein Fund. To honor the legacy and memory of professional forester and SAF leader William D. Hagenstein, this fund aims to reach audiences beyond the forestry community and foster thoughtful exchanges about how and why forests, and the services they provide, are essential to our future.
Visit our Learning Exchange Series Page to sign-up for upcoming sessions, to view recordings of past sessions, or for more information about the series.
Subscribe to our quarterly newsletter to receive information on free events and resources, new publications, FCCP involvements, course offerings, and employment opportunities.
News and Events
Published on January 26, 2023
En este series de webinar, oradores Cristina Urrutia y Arun Pratihast presentan "Transparencia en el monitoreo: principios, buenas prácticas, y participación de las comunidades."
Published on January 25, 2023
Taylor will participate in the Graduate Certificate while working full time at Resource Management Service LLC.
Published on January 25, 2023
Patrick will participate in the Graduate Certificate while working full time at the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
Published on January 6, 2023
In this webinar, speaker Tamara Cushing presents "Tax Dimensions of Forest Carbon Projects".
Published on December 12, 2022
After the inaugural 1t.org US Summit in Washington, DC, the FCCP collaborated with 1t.org US to capture event discussions and identify key strategies to increase pledges and raise ambition. The full report is now available on their website.