Forest Carbon and Climate Community
The Forest Carbon and Climate Community (FCCP) provides resources and a professional network for individuals who have participated in the graduate certificate and other activities in the Forest Carbon and Climate Program. Members in the online community receive news on policies and methodologies, internal networking and opportunities for research and employment. An online portal allows continued access to resources, contacts and online tools. Invited participants reflect individuals from NGOs, private interests, graduate students, government and natural resource managers.
All current and past participants of the Graduate Certificate in Forest Carbon Science, Policy, and Management, current and past participants of non-formal educational programming, and engaged experts are invited to participate in the Community. If you'd like to request access to the FCCP Community, please contact email@example.com to see if you are eligible.
FCWG Learning Exchange Series
The FCWG Learning Exchange Series is hosted by Lauren Cooper, Program Director of the MSU Forest Carbon and Climate Program, in partnership with the Forest-Climate Working Group (FCWG). The Series seeks to engage with the forest carbon community on current topics and issues in domestic forest carbon policies and management approaches for a changing climate.
To sign-up for upcoming sessions, to view recordings of past sessions, or for more information, visit: /fccp/partners-and-projects/forest-climate-working-group-learning-series/index.
Publications and News
- American Forests hosts unprecedented collaborative action on the part of government and concerned experts | July 16, 2018 on American Forests
- World Bank Land and Poverty Conference - Foreign Investments to Support Forestry as a Means of Increasing Resiliency: A Case Study Approach in Mexico | March 26, 2018
- Added Value and Opportunities for Forests: Carbon | March 12, 2018
- ICAO and forest offsets: Substantial opportunities and exceptional benefits (commentary) | March 2, 2018
- The Forest Carbon and Climate Program to sponsor and present at Forests Ontario | February 9, 2018
- Unleashing trees in the battle against climate change | Lauren Cooper | published November 22, 2016 on GreenBiz.com.
- MSU Forestry’s Forest Carbon and Climate Program receives support for new e-course | published February 3, 2017 by the MSU College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
FCWG 2018-19 Learning Exchange Series Session - Natural Climate Solutions in New Jersey: Rejoining RGGI and a Case Study of Duke Farms
June 5, 2019 3:00PM - 4:00PM Online (zoom)
Michael Catania, Executive Director of Duke Farms, will present "Natural Climate Solutions in New Jersey: Rejoining RGGI and a Case Study of Duke Farms".
June 6, 2019 3:00PM - 4:00PM Online
The FCCP will be hosting an informational webinar on our new short course, Understanding Forest Carbon Management. This course is online and self-paced, with an estimated time of completion of 6-8 weeks.
FCWG 2018-19 Learning Exchange Series Session - Carbon Market Opportunities and Project Development Tools for Forest Owners
July 10, 2019 3:00PM - 4:00PM Online (zoom)
Sarah Wescott, Forest Program Manager at the Climate Action Reserve will present "Carbon Market Opportunities and Project Development Tools for Forest Owners."