MSU Forestry Club is the nation's oldest continuous forestry club. Est. 1903. The group participates in a wide variety of activities, ranging from timber sports, volunteer workdays at Fenner Nature Center, to making their own maple syrup. They are a close-knit group, but are always happy to welcome new friends.
Making maple syrup, Mid-Western Conclave timber sports competition, CANR Olympics, Small Animals Day, and Autumn Fest. Forestry club also attends professional conferences, such as Society of American Foresters, Sustainable Forest Initiative, National Society of Arboriculture, etc...
Forestry Club meets every Tuesday at 6pm in room 183 of the Natural Resources Building.
- Febuary 1 Ice Time Festival at Dowagiac, info here: https://www.dowagiacchamber.com/events/upcoming-events/ice-time-festival
- Febuary 10-12 Arborcon at Lansing
- March TBD Syrup Tapping (weather dependent)
- March 25 Tree Farm Inspector Certification Class - w/ Mike Smalligan (MDNR) 5:30 to 9:30pm
- April 1-3 New Horizons in Conservation Conference at Ann Arbor
- April 16-17 MSAF Spring Meeting at Grayling
- April 17-19 Midwestern Forester's Conclave at S. Illinois University Carbondale
- April 20-21 Michigan Mass Timber Summit at East Lansing
Social Media Links
Club Recruitment Contact
Club Advisor Contact
- Justin Kunkle