The Michigan State University Extension Food Processing and Innovation Center (FPIC) is Michigan’s leading independent commercial food development, processing, packaging and research facility.
Businesses big and small rent the state-of-the-art facility featuring the latest in processing and packaging technology to meet their needs and take their business to the next level. Create and commercialize new food and drink product lines for the marketplace in an industry compliant and cutting-edge facility located in Okemos, Michigan.
The FPIC services both existing food businesses and larger scale startups in Michigan, Great Lakes region and beyond.
Accelerating Business. Mitigating Risk. Big Ideas Start Here.
- Full ‘Real Time’ Production Capabilities
- Connected to University departments and expertise
- Flexible Production Line Configurations
- Dedicated Production Areas with Multiple Equipment Capabilities
- Regulatory Compliant Facility
- Located Close to Major Highways with 24/7 Access
- Flexible Leasing Options with Cost Recovery
FPIC featured in the news
Published on April 10, 2020 by WKAR: Public Media from Michigan State University
Published on April 10, 2020 by CNN
Published on April 3, 2020 by WOOD TV 8 - Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo
Published on April 3, 2020 by Associated Press via Komo Newsradio, Seattle, Washington
Published on April 3, 2020 by MSU Today