- The capital and main city is Lilongwe.
- The official language is English
- Area: 45,747 sq mi (approx. 1/2 the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 18 million in 2016
- Climate: Malawi has a sub-tropical climate, which is relatively dry and seasonal
Fun Fact: Malawi is home to the third largest lake in Africa, Lake Malawi. It is known to be a "hot spot of biodiversity," with its deep clear waters and varied habitats containing the largest number of fish species of any lake in the world.
Main Research Themes
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
NAPAS: Malawi Value Chain Studies Inform Selection of Value Chains to Be Developed under the World Bank Agricultural Commercialization Project
Published on October 3, 2018
At the request of the Ministry of Agriculture, NAPAS: Malawi conducted several value chain studies to guide further agricultural investments.
Published on October 1, 2018
The Director of Livestock and Animal Health Development, Dr. Patrick Chikungwa, opening remarks
There are no entries at this time.