- The capital and main city is Bamako.
- The official language is French
- Area: 478,841 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 15 million in 2009
- Climate: Northern Sahara zone in Mali experiences hot and dry climate whereas the climate of Mali in the subtropical southern part is hot and humid
Fun Fact: The prime meridian marker is located in Gao, Mali, where one can literally stand on the edge of two hemispheres.
MSU and Partners achievements in Mali
Brochure in English
Les réalisations de MSU et ses partenaires au Mali
Pamphlet en français
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on July 28, 2018
Melinda Smale, Veronique Theriault, Hamza Haider and Alpha Kergna, 30th International Conference of Agricultural Economists (ICAE), Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 28–August 2, 2018
The “Hidden Middle" of Dairy Value Chains: An Organizational Economics Analysis of Processor Strategies in Mali
Published on June 13, 2018
Ryan Vroegindewey, Veronique Theriault, Robert B. Richardson, Kimberly Chung, poster at the World Bank, Washington, DC, June 13–14, 2018