- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no entries at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on September 1, 2018
Ufedo M. Shaibu and Oluwatoyin M. Ademola, 2018. Sustainable Agricultural Data Collection: Insights from the United States of America for Nigeria. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 67.
Published on August 31, 2018
Strengthening the agricultural policy process in Nigeria
Published on August 14, 2018
"Collaborative Research for Agricultural Policy in Nigeria" Abuja, 14-16 August 2018
Published on June 4, 2018
By Laura Schmitt Olabisi and Saweda Liverpool-Tasie: "We’ve gotten used to the looks on farmers’ faces by now—shaking heads, looking to the sky as if for an explanation, frowning worriedly. The rains aren’t the same as they used to be, they tell us. ...."
Published on May 10, 2018
The chief objectives of the professors’ visit was to monitor the progress of their students and to interact with MSU faculty in areas of mutual interest.