- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no entries at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on January 30, 2018
TS Jayne, M. Muyanga, K. Yeboah, F. Dzanku, N. Mdoe, T. Shonhe, Bellville, South Africa, January 30–31, 2018
Published on January 25, 2018
Scholars from ALL states of Nigeria are eligible. Deadline extended to Feb. 28, 2018.
The Transformation of Value Chains in Africa: Evidence from the First Large Survey of Maize Traders in Nigeria
Published on January 12, 2018
Saweda Liverpool-Tasie, Thomas Reardon, Awa Sanou, Wale Ogunleye, Iredele Ogunbayo, Bolarin T. Omonona. January 2018. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 56
Published on January 1, 2018
Saweda Liverpool-Tasie, Thomas Reardon, Awa Sanou, Wale Ogunleye, Iredele Ogunbayo, Bolarin T. Omonona. 2018. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 56.
The transformation of value chains in Africa: Evidence from the first large survey of maize traders in Nigeria
Published on December 12, 2017
Liverpool-Tasie, S., Reardon, T., Sanou, A., Ogunleye, W., Ogunbayo, I., & Omonona, B. T. (2017). The transformation of value chains in Africa: Evidence from the first large survey of maize traders in Nigeria (No. 1879-2018-2151).