- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
How Do Stakeholders Perceive the Quality of Agriculture and Food Security Policy Processes in Nigeria? Results From Two Rounds of Surveys
Published on January 3, 2020
Mywish K. Maredia, John Mazunda, Oyinkan Tasie, and Medinah Ayuba, 2020. How Do Stakeholders Perceive the Quality of Agriculture and Food Security Policy Processes in Nigeria? Results From Two Rounds of Surveys, FSP Research Paper 166.
Competitiveness and Comparative Advantage of Rice Production Systems: The Policy Analysis Matrix Approach
Published on December 18, 2019
Sule, B. A., Crawford, E. and Coker, A. A. A., 2019. Competitiveness and Comparative Advantage of Rice Production Systems: The Policy Analysis Matrix Approach, FSP Research Brief 102, East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Tapping from the Proceedings of the Michigan State House of Representatives' Committee on Agriculture- My MSU Experience
Published on November 27, 2019
Highlights 63, Dr. Ayodeji Alexander Coker, November 2019.