- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no entries at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Tapping from the Proceedings of the Michigan State House of Representatives' Committee on Agriculture- My MSU Experience
Published on November 27, 2019
Highlights 63, Dr. Ayodeji Alexander Coker, November 2019.
Nigeria Agricultural Policy Project Scholars' Program: Opportunity for Empowerment, Professional Linkages and Replication of Best Practices
Published on November 11, 2019
Highlights 62, Dr. Ayodeji Alexander Ajibola Coker, November 2019.
Published on November 10, 2019
Highlights 61, Balaraba Sule, November 2019.
Published on November 8, 2019
Highlights 60, Jonathan Okechukwu Alimba, November 2019.
Published on September 30, 2019
Highlights 59, Blessing Agada and Philip Hegarty James, September 2019.