- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Introducing Food Safety Labels in Complex Food Supply Chains: Evidence from a Choice Experiment in Nigeria
Published on May 8, 2019
Sanou, Liverpool-Tasie, Vincenzina, Kerr, 2019. Introducing Food Safety Labels in Complex Food Supply Chains: Evidence from a Choice Experiment in Nigeria, FSP Research Brief 93, East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Published on May 7, 2019
Hephzibah Onyeje Obekpa, 2019. Reducing Post-Harvest Losses in Tomatoes, FSP Research Brief 92, East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Published on May 6, 2019
Schmitt-Olabisi, Liverpool-Tasie, Onyeneke, Choko, Osuntade, Sanou, Singa, Chiemela, 2019. Climate Change Adaptation in the Nigerian Agricultural Sector, FSP Research Brief 91, East Lansing: Michigan State University