- The capital is Abuja.
- The official language is English
- Area: 356,669 sq mi (approx. 4x the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 186 million in 2016
- Climate: Nigeria has a tropical hot climate with temperatures varying according to the seasons of the year. The two major seasons are determined by rainfall with a rainy season and dry season.
Fun fact: Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Climate Change
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
There are no documents to show at this time.
Publications and Presentations
Published on May 7, 2019
Hephzibah Onyeje Obekpa, 2019. Reducing Post-Harvest Losses in Tomatoes, FSP Research Brief 92, East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Published on May 6, 2019
Schmitt-Olabisi, Liverpool-Tasie, Onyeneke, Choko, Osuntade, Sanou, Singa, Chiemela, 2019. Climate Change Adaptation in the Nigerian Agricultural Sector, FSP Research Brief 91, East Lansing: Michigan State University
Published on May 5, 2019
Onyinye Prince Choko, 2019. Demographic Factors and Nigeria’s Dairy Production for the Year 2015, FSP Research Brief 90, East Lansing: Michigan State University.
Published on May 4, 2019
Balaraba Abubakar Sule, 2019. Curbing Post Harvest Losses: The Plight of Onion Farmers in Nigeria, FSP Research Brief 89, East Lansing: Michigan State University.