- The capital and largest city is Kigali.
- The official languages are Kinyarwanda, English, French and Swahili
- Area: 10,169 sq mi (approx. 1/10 the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 11 million in 2015
- Climate: Rwanda has a temperate tropical highland climate, with lower temperatures than are typical for equatorial countries due to its high elevation.
Fun fact: Rwanda is only one of three countries in Africa where you can visit Mountain Gorillas in the Wild.
Main Research Themes
- Impact Assessment
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
Publications and Presentations