Emerging Fish and Wildlife Diseases
Fish and wildlife diseases that impact the health and well being of Michigan’s natural resources, citizens and agricultural interests are on the rise.
Outreach related to emerging diseases in fish and wildlife populations:
- Technical support provided to the NRC and MDNR on deer baiting and feeding regulations to eradicate bovine TB
- Presentations at public meetings with NGO’s on bovine TB
- Extension brochure and programs on whirling disease in trout
- NCRAC projects on fish disease management
- Sampling protocols for Lake Michigan chinook salmon health assessment