A significant portion of Michigan’s tourist and recreation income, as well as the quality of life for Michigan’s citizens, is dependent upon having viable fish and wildlife populations.
Outreach related to harvest management:
- Technical advice to DNR / GLFC / CORA (tribal fishery authority) on fishery harvest capacity and allocation issues
- Technical advice to federal and state agencies on hatchery management practices
- Advice to DNR and NRC on setting wildlife harvest regulations
- Leadership for revisions of inland fishery regulations
- Articles on deer management in Michigan Out-of-Doors magazine
- Advice to Canadian and U.S. agencies on goose harvest management