Natural Resource Stewardship
Conservation and rehabilitation of fish and wildlife resources and their ecosystems (the Department mission) will require citizens with a strong and effective sense of stewardship to implement science-based resource management. We address this need as well as the need for resource science.
Outreach related to natural resource stewardship:
- Information Exchange
- Detroit River Remedial Action Plan - with Wayne county MSU Extension
- LeadNet AoE Team - Community Action Leadership
- Facilitator for South Branch Mill Creek Inter-county Drain, Technical Advisory Committee
- Project F.I.S.H.
- Burke Lake Banding Station
- 4-H Shooting Sports program
- 4-H Natural Resources/Environmental Education program (volunteer and teacher training programs, curriculum and project guides, state-wide and county-based events, etc.)
- Stewardship ethics curriculum for International Hunter Education Association
- Development of Lake Leaders Institute for Michigan Lakes and Stream Association
- Development of Great Lakes Fisheries Leadership Institute for various fisheries stakeholders
- GLEP - ship-based Great Lakes outdoor education courses