Here are some tips on information you will need and/or materials you can prepare before going online to complete your Great Lakes Leadership Academy application.
- Secure support for your time and financial commitment to the program from:
- Your employer and/or business partner (if applicable). Determine if they are willing to provide financial assistance for your participation in the program.
- Your spouse/partner (if applicable).
- A list of schools attended, approximate dates of attendance and degrees, certificates, or diplomas awarded.
- An employment record including dates of employment, job title, and a description of work.
- A list of trade associations, community groups, and/or other activities in which you have been in a leadership role, along with approximate dates of involvement in each activity.
- A list of three references along with complete contact information, including an email address.
- Consider these short answer/essay type questions that you will find on the application. It may be helpful to use a word processing program to compose your answers, and then, cut and paste the answers into the online application form.
- In what ways do you see yourself as a leader?
- Describe a defining moment for you as a leader.
- How might the GLLA help you achieve your goals personally, professionally and in your community?
- How did you hear about the GLLA?
The application automatically saves when you complete one page and go to the next page. If you need to pause and complete the application at a later time, you may do so by typing any text into each required box and clicking through to the end. You will then receive an automated confirmation message with a link to retrieve and edit your application.
All applications must be completed by December 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET.