The 4-H program year runs from September 1st – August 31st. There are a variety of opportunities offered at the club, county, state, national, and even international levels!
- Club Level: Clubs vary widely in terms of meeting schedules and activities offered. Please contact your club leader directly for updates. If you're not satisfied with your club's activities, we'd encourage you to check out another club! You can view our club list and leader contact information here.
- County Level: A list of annual county-wide events to watch for is included below. Additional workshops and SPIN clubs may be added as time and funding permit.
- State & National Level: Check out the list below of annual state and national events. Refer to the 4-H Events Calendar for the latest updates.
Dates and registration information for county, state, and national events will also be shared in our Gratiot County 4-H Newsletters and on our Facebook and Instagram pages. Make sure to plan ahead as many events require pre-registration!
Watch for these annual county events:
- Gratiot County 4-H Council Education Series (bi-monthly)
- Gratiot County 4-H Awards Banquet (October)
- Gratiot County 4-H Alternative Spring Break (March 27-31, 2023)
- Gratiot County Youth Swine Day (April 29, 2023)
- Gratiot County Horse Camp/Open Horse Show (May 12-14, 2023)
- Gratiot County 4-H Cloverbud Day (July 25, 2023)
- Gratiot County Fair for Youth (July/August)
- Note: GCFFY is a separate entity from MSU Extension/4-H. Youth do not have to exhibit at the fair to participate in 4-H, nor do youth have to be 4-H members to exhibit at the fair.
Watch for these annual state events:
- Michigan 4-H Creative Arts Celebration (November)
- Michigan 4-H Spectacular Youth Leadership Institute (December)
- Michigan 4-H State Rabbit & Cavy Show (January)
- Michigan 4-H Day at the Breslin (February)
- Michigan 4-H Animal Science Career Quest (February)
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Conference (March)
- Michigan 4-H Skillathon (March)
- Michigan 4-H Hippology Contest (March)
- Michigan 4-H Capital Experience (March)
- Michigan 4-H/FFA Horse Judging Contest (April)
- World Food Prize Michigan Youth Institute (May)
- Michigan 4-H State Goat Show (June)
- Michigan 4-H Exploration Days (June)
- Michigan 4-H Animal & Veterinary Science Camp (June)
- Michigan 4-H/FFA Livestock Judging Contest (July)
- Michigan 4-H Youth Dairy Days (July)
- Michigan 4-H Great Lakes & Natural Resources Camp (July)
- Michigan 4-H State Dog Show (August)
- Michigan 4-H State Horse Show (August)
- Michigan 4-H State Shooting Sports Tournament (August)
Watch for these annual national events:
- National 4-H Week (First full week in October)
- National 4-H Congress (November, Register/Deposit in July)
- 4-H National Conference (April)
- 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus (June, Register/Deposit in December)
Did you know the Gratiot County 4-H Council provides scholarships to help offset the cost of attending events? Gratiot County 4-H members can receive 50% up to $250 for a state event and 50% up to $500 for a national event. Apply for a scholarship by filling out this form.