Members keep the Gardens flourishing. When you become a "Friend of Hidden Lake Gardens," you help to support the new displays and plant collections, the labeling of plants, the enhancement of existing gardens, and the maintenance of natural areas. Your support also helps us to educate visitors of all ages and to maintain our facilities. Funds from membership dues also support the wages of student interns and seasonal employees. We appreciate your continued support as Hidden Lake Gardens continues to grow, develop, and sustain itself as an evolving botanical garden and arboretum for residents of southeast Michigan as well as tourists to Lenawee County and the Irish Hills. Your interest in the Gardens, as well as your support, are greatly appreciated especially during these most challenging pandemic times. A letter from the Managing Director describes the adjustments made to memberships with regards to COVID-19 (Letter to Members).
Enjoy the many benefits of membership
- Free Admission with every visit to Hidden Lake Gardens
- Newsletters, Programs and Events, Bulletins
- Discounts of 10-20 percent on classes, work shops, and lectures.
- Ten percent discount on merchandise in the Gift Shop.
- Members Only Plant Sale Preview the evening before the public sale, plus a ten percent discount on Plant Sale purchases.
- Members Only extended garden hours days (dates and time to be announced).
- Members Only programs and events (to be announced).
- American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Gardens Program - free or reduced admission to over 320 public gardens throughout North America (15 in Michigan, 15 in Ohio). For a list of participating gardens go to AHS Reciprocal Gardens Program.
- The Association of Nature Centers Administrators (ANCA) Reciprocal Program - free or reduced admission to over 125 nature centers nationwide. For a list of participating organizations go to ANCA Reciprocal Program
Membership Categories (2021 Membership Form)
STUDENT - $20 Free admission to HLG for one card-holding person
SINGLE - $45 Benefits for one card-holding person
DUAL - $65 Benefits for two card-holding persons (living at same address).
HOUSEHOLD - $80 Benefits for two card-holding persons, their dependent children, and free admission for up to six accompanying guests.
SPONSOR - $100 All benefits plus $20 tax deductible.
CONTRIBUTOR - $250 All benefits plus $170 tax deductible.
BENEFACTOR - $500 All benefits plus $420 tax deductible.
LEADERSHIP - $1000 All benefits plus $920 tax deductible.
*MSU Alumni receive a 10% discount on any single, dual, or household membership
For more information, please call our office at