Reach For The Sky
Coming in 2020, Reach for the Sky will include construction of a 10-story, ADA-accessible tree top tower and 700-foot canopy walk. This one-of-a-kind contemporary attraction will bring both local residents and traveling tourists, while contributing to the cultural setting of the Lenawee, Jackson, Hillsdale and Washtenaw County communities. The project is designed to provide significant opportunities for education, outreach, research, visitor experience, tourism and economic development. Join us in making this project a reality by contributing today.
Our vision is to inspire and motivate visitors to explore, observe, and experience nature from a unique and exciting perspective. We strive to:
- Instill a sense of wonder and curiosity, especially in children, about the natural world.
- Provide visitors dynamic discovery with hands-on and feet-off-the-ground activities.
- View the connectivity of forests and freshwater systems from a new perspective.
- Provide unique 360-degree views of Hidden Lake Gardens: the lake and pond, the hills and kettle holes, the gardens and plant collections.
- Become a greater tourist attraction and destination within the MSU, Lenawee, Jackson, Hillsdale, Washtenaw counties and Irish Hills communities.
- Explore and discover nature and woodland communities from the tree tops.
Watch an animated video of the Canopy Walk experience