Electronic resources resulting from Scolytinae and Platypodinae
- Xyleborini – Taxonomic database for worldwide Xyleborini
- Bibliographyof Scolytinae and Platypodinae literature from the 1700’s to 2000.
- Key to the World genera of Xyleborini
- Xyleborini of New Guinea: Keys to genera and species.
- Former student, Dr. Jiri Hulcr’s: The Ambrosia Symbiosis website
Camptocerus videos of behavior
- Camptocerus videos of behavior:Camptocerus courtship: A male Camptocerus noel is on Protium amazonicum Swart bark at an entrance hole created by and occupied by a female. The male periodically brushes his antennal funicular setae across the female’s elytra in a fluttering motion and produces a whirling sound. He then repeatedly placed his frons against her abdomen, which corresponds to the concavity of his frons. The male periodically chirps using his elytra-abdominal stridulatory mechanism. The male’s abdominal segments vibrate as he chirps.
- Camptocerus videos of behavior: Mate competition: Two male Camptocerus noelare on the bark o fProtium amazonicum. The first male courts a female by placing his frons against her abdomen as she sits in the entrance tunnel to her gallery. The second male walks on the bark near the first male and female. As the second male approaches the pair, the first male pushes him away with his frons and promptly returns to the female. He resumes the courtship behavior.
- Camptocerus videos of behavior: Crematogaster predation: A moribund male Camptocerus noelwas attacked on Protium amazonicum bark and is carried off by numerous Crematogaster Ants also enter the gallery where the female was present.