Michigan 4-H Youth Equine Events
Save the Dates Below for the 2023 Youth Equine Events!
- March 18: MI 4-H Hippology Contest (registration information for 2023 will be available soon)
- April 15: Hairy Horse Show (Showbill and Stall Reservations)
- April 16: MI 4-H/FFA Horse Judging Contest (registration information for 2023 will be available soon)
- August 18-20: State 4-H Horse Show
2023 4-H Hippology Contest
The 2023 4-H Hippology Contest will be held on March 18, 2023 in Anthony Hall at Michigan State University. Please see the contest rules and registration information below. The registration deadline is March 3, 2023.
2023 4-H/FFA Horse Judging Contest & 4-H Hippology Contest
The 2023 4-H/FFA Horse Judging Contest will be held April 16, 2023 at the Michigan State University Pavilion. Please see the contest rules and registration information below. The registration deadline is April 3, 2023.
- 2023 4-H/FFA Horse Judging Contest Rules
- 2023 4-H/FFA Horse Judging Contest Registration Information
- 2023 4-H/FFA Contest Schedule and List of Classes
State 4-H Horse Show
Below you will find 2022 State 4-H Horse Show information. This information will be updated with 2023 details in the Spring of 2023.
Delegate Information Packet: Instructions and General Information for Participants - In this document you will find information on rules, policies, and the list of classes.
State 4-H Horse Show Patterns: Patterns for the 2022 State 4-H Horse Show - In this document you will find the Hunter Hack, Trail, Hunt Seat Equitation Championship, Saddle Seat Equitation Championship, Horsemanship Championship, Reining and Showmanship patterns.
Volunteer Assignments: State 4-H Horse Show Volunteer Information can be found below.
- Volunteer Letter
- Volunteer Assignments - Friday, August 19
- Volunteer Assignments - Saturday, August 20
- Volunteer Assignments - Sunday, August 21
Down and Back Rules: Appendix A - State 4-H Horse Show Down and Back Rules - In this document you will find the rules and guidelines for the Down and Back class.
General Information, County Quota Data, Volunteer Information, and Delegate Form: In this document you will find the volunteer application, county summary sheet, and more!
The online entry form for show participants to sign-up for their classes will be sent directly from your county office. If you have any questions, please contact your county office.