2021 MI 4-H & FFA Virtual Horse Judging & Virtual Hippology Contests
Ride Across the State Challenge
Beginning April 15, will run for 6 weeks
Mile logging challenge with individual and team categories, open to all ages. Includes Michigan history lessons! Awards will be shipped to winners in all categories. Certificates of completion will be emailed to all participants who log at least one mile.
Register here: https://events.anr.msu.edu/RideAcrossOurState/
2021 MI 4-H Virtual Communications Contest
Beginning in May
Register here: https://events.anr.msu.edu/virtualhorsecommunications/
Join this Facebook group: MI 4-H Horse Program's Virtual Communications Contest
Mock Horse Judging Contest
Open from March 15 - EXTENDED until May 15!
Brought to you by ExtensionHorses.org, Judge classes and answer questions just like in a contest; but without the pressure of awards and placings. Practice the classes as many times as you want! This will be the same platform as the state contest.
- Halter & performance
- Questions on every class
- Official placings and cuts will be provided
- No awards will be given
2021 Hippology Academy
6 weeks beginning February 8
Online course for youth & adults. Practice tests, slides, digital stations, & twice weekly lectures in 6 content areas. Participants can interact with equine professors from Universities across the United States! This course is targeted for older youth and adults. Topics covered will be:
- Equipment and Riding Styles
- Stallion Reproductive Anatomy
- External Parasites
- Pasture Management
- Equine Breeds
Bronze Level = $50. Access to content until August 8.
Silver Level = $100. Includes 6-week access to instructors to ask questions, and access to content until November 8.
Registration here: https://campus.extension.org/course/search.php?search=hippology
2021 MI 4-H Virtual Equine Science Camp
CAMP IS FULL: Tuesday evenings March 6 - April 2
If you're interested in being notified of future camps, please email Taylor Fabus at email@example.com
MI 4-H Horse Judges Renewal - due December 5, 2018
Renewal is available on line by following the instructions and links below. This new online system will be available to you for many important actions related to your MI 4-H Horse Judges card. Please make note of account information and passwords for future use.
Follow the instructions below to register for this course. If you would like to watch a video tutorial, demonstrating an overview of the registration process, click on the following link: Online Course Registration Video Tutorial.
- Create your MSU Guest Account/Community ID and Password: Create Your Account. Please note – if you registered for the Horse Judges Online Course in 2016 you may already have an account. If you need to update your password go to: Change my password.
- Login to the registration system with your Community ID and Password: MI 4-H Horse Judges Online Course
- Follow the instructions to register for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
LOGGING INTO THE ONLINE COURSE
Once you have registered, follow the instructions below to login – you will use the same login credentials that you set during registration (your NetID is your email address used during registration and use the same password set during registration).
- Go to the Michigan State University’s Online Course System (known as Desire2Learn or D2L): https://d2l.msu.edu/
- Click on the Login button
- In the MSU NETID field enter your email address (enter the same email used during registration)
- Enter the password you set during registration
- You will be logged into D2L - click on the course title in the My Courses area
*Note: If you need to reset your password go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password.
If you need technical assistance please contact the Michigan State University Help Desk. They are available 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-500-1554. Tell them you are logging into an MSU Extension online course with an MSU Community ID.
- What is my username/NETID? Your username (or NET ID) is the email address you used to create your account during registration (you use the same email address/password for registering and for taking the course).
- What URL do I go to for logging into the course? Go to: https://d2l.msu.edu/. You will see the Michigan State University at the top of the page.
- I received a “not authenticated” response when trying to login – what do I do? A “not authenticated” message is typically an issue with a password not being entered correctly. To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- I forgot my password – where can I reset it? To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- Who can I call for technical support? The Michigan State University Help Desk. They are available 24/7 at email@example.com or 1-800-500-1554. Tell them you are logging into an MSU Extension online course with an MSU Community ID.