2022 Michigan 4-H Youth Equine Events
State 4-H Horse Show (NEW!!)
General Information, County Quota Data, Volunteer Information, and Delegate Form: In this document you will find the volunteer application, county summary sheet, and more!
Instructions and General Information for Participants: In this document you will find information on rules, policies, and the list of classes.
The online entry form for show participants to sign-up for their classes will be available on this page June 10, 2022!
Horse Judging and Hippology Contest
Entry Form: Horse Judging & Hippology: Please use this form to register participants in both the Horse Judging and Hippology contests. The deadline to register is March 11, 2022 however, it is recommended that the entry form be submitted to your county office by March 1, 2022.
Horse Judging Contest Class Schedule: In this document you will find the agenda and class schedule for the 2022 horse judging contest (including a list of classes).
Horse Judging Contest Rules: In this document you will find the rules for the 2022 horse judging contest.
2022 Hippology Rules: In this document you will find a description of the contest and a list of resources for preparing for the contest.
2022 Norma Agnew Memorial Hairy Horse Show - Saturday April 9!
Norma Agnew Memorial Horse Show - Showbill: Attend this fun, interactive horse show on Saturday, April 9 at the MSU Pavilion to receive feedback from the judge - show clothes optional!
MI 4-H Horse Judges Renewal - due December 5, 2018
Renewal is available on line by following the instructions and links below. This new online system will be available to you for many important actions related to your MI 4-H Horse Judges card. Please make note of account information and passwords for future use.
Follow the instructions below to register for this course. If you would like to watch a video tutorial, demonstrating an overview of the registration process, click on the following link: Online Course Registration Video Tutorial.
- Create your MSU Guest Account/Community ID and Password: Create Your Account. Please note – if you registered for the Horse Judges Online Course in 2016 you may already have an account. If you need to update your password go to: Change my password.
- Login to the registration system with your Community ID and Password: MI 4-H Horse Judges Online Course
- Follow the instructions to register for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
LOGGING INTO THE ONLINE COURSE
Once you have registered, follow the instructions below to login – you will use the same login credentials that you set during registration (your NetID is your email address used during registration and use the same password set during registration).
- Go to the Michigan State University’s Online Course System (known as Desire2Learn or D2L): https://d2l.msu.edu/
- Click on the Login button
- In the MSU NETID field enter your email address (enter the same email used during registration)
- Enter the password you set during registration
- You will be logged into D2L - click on the course title in the My Courses area
*Note: If you need to reset your password go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password.
If you need technical assistance please contact the Michigan State University Help Desk. They are available 24/7 at email@example.com or 1-800-500-1554. Tell them you are logging into an MSU Extension online course with an MSU Community ID.
- What is my username/NETID? Your username (or NET ID) is the email address you used to create your account during registration (you use the same email address/password for registering and for taking the course).
- What URL do I go to for logging into the course? Go to: https://d2l.msu.edu/. You will see the Michigan State University at the top of the page.
- I received a “not authenticated” response when trying to login – what do I do? A “not authenticated” message is typically an issue with a password not being entered correctly. To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- I forgot my password – where can I reset it? To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- Who can I call for technical support? The Michigan State University Help Desk. They are available 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-500-1554. Tell them you are logging into an MSU Extension online course with an MSU Community ID.