Factsheets and Videos
- Factsheets on crop recommendations for managing SWD
- Additional factsheets and handouts on SWD
- Videos and webinars on SWD
- 2019 SWD Summit
Please note that insecticide registrations and restrictions will vary by crop.
This factsheet is focused on recommendations for blueberries, but much of the information will be relevant to other crops.
- SWD in blueberry recommendations in English (June 2015)
- SWD in blueberry recommendations in Spanish (December 2016)
Organic small fruit
Raspberries and blackberries
- SWD recommendations for raspberries and blackberries (August 2013)
- Spotted Wing Drosophila: A new invasive pest of Michigan fruit crops (E3140). Identification and management. Call the MSU Extension Bookstore at 517-432-1859 to order multiple copies. Also available in Spanish.
- Spotted Wing Drosophila Management in Home Fruit Plantings
- Noncrop Host Plants of Spotted Wing Drosophila in North America
- 2013 Spotted Wing Drosophila Identification Guide
- Building a spotted wing Drosophila trap
- Sampling berries for spotted wing Drosophila larvae
- Regional Pest Alert on SWD - a collaboration with the North Central IPM Center
- Spotted Wing Drosophila Biology & Behavior: Implications for its Management and Control - SWD training presentation from MSU Extension
- Systems Approach to Managing the Spotted Wing Drosophila: Chemical Control - SWD training presentation from MSU Extension
- Systems Approach to Managing the Spotted Wing Drosophila in Berry Crops - SWD training presentation from MSU Extension
- La Mosca Drosófila de las Alas Manchadas: Biología e Identificación - SWD training presentation from MSU Extension in Spanish
- 2018 MIP avanzado para el control químico de la Drosophila suzukii y su manejo - SWD training presentation from MSU Extension in Spanish
- Como usar el “Enviroweather” para manejar la drosófila de las alas manchadas - SWD training presentation from MSU Extension in Spanish
- How to Use Enviroweather for Spotted Wing Drosophila Management - 10-minute video describing what MSU Enviroweather is and how to use it when managing SWD.
- Making the Most of Your Insecticide Toolbox to Manage Spotted Wing Drosophila - 1-hour webinar from the USDA Sustainable SWD Management project focusing on insecticide usage to control SWD.
- Organic Management of Spotted Wing Drosophila - 90-minute webinar on using organic strategies to manage SWD, presented by Organic SWD Management Project, Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative and USDA NIFA.
See the full playlist on YouTube or click on the links below to watch each video separately.
- Influence of pruning on SWD populations in tart cherry
- Annual SWD population variability in Michigan
- Insecticide rainfastness for products used to control SWD
- Spotted wing drosophila insecticide efficacy and management programs
- Susceptibility of cherry cultivars to spotted wing drosophila
- Do SWD traps impact infestation?
- Influences of overwintering conditions and relative humidity on SWD populations