Factsheets and Webinars
Crop Recommendations for Managing SWD
Please note that insecticide registrations and restrictions will vary by crop.
This factsheet is focused on recommendations for blueberries, but much of the information will be relevant to other crops.
- SWD in blueberry recommendations in English (June 2015)
- SWD in blueberry recommendations in Spanish (December 2016)
Organic small fruit
Raspberries and blackberries
- SWD recommendations for raspberries and blackberries (August 2013)
- Spotted Wing Drosophila: A new invasive pest of Michigan fruit crops (E3140). Identification and management. Call the MSU Extension Bookstore at 517-432-1859 to order multiple copies. Also available in Spanish.
- Spotted Wing Drosophila Management in Home Fruit Plantings
- Noncrop Host Plants of Spotted Wing Drosophila in North America
- 2013 Spotted Wing Drosophila Identification Guide
- Building a spotted wing Drosophila trap
- Sampling berries for spotted wing Drosophila larvae
- Regional Pest Alert on SWD - a collaboration with the North Central IPM Center
SWD Videos and Webinars
This 10-minute video describes what MSU Enviroweather is and how to use it when managing spotted wing Drosophila.
This 1-hour webinar focuses on insecticide usage to control the invasive spotted wing drosophila, Drosophila suzukii. Topics addressed include insecticide efficacy, post-harvest residues, resistance management and strategies to improve control.
Organic Management of Spotted Wing Drosophila, presented by Organic SWD Management Project, Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative (OREI) and USDANIFA
2016 Spotted Wing Drosophila Summit
- Webinar: 2016 SWD Infestation Comparisons in Conventional and Organic Cherry Orchards
- Webinar: 2016 SWD Research Overview
- Webinar: Sugar and Yeast Adjuvants for Enhancing Insecticide Efficacy for SWD Control
- Webinar: SWD Seasonal Biology and Use of Wild Hosts
- Webinar: Decision Support Tools for Managing SWD in Michigan