10 Nutrition/Agriculture Positions
Power of We Consortium AmeriCorps State Program
Employment type: Seasonal
Job Location: Lansing, MI
Application Deadline: February 23, 2017
The Power of We Consortium AmeriCorps State Program is hiring individuals passionate about healthy lifestyles to join our team from April 3rd, 2018 – August 31st, 2018! Members will receive training, a living allowance, an educational award at the completion of the service term, and loan forbearance for qualified student loans.
Commonly known as the “Domestic Peace Corps,” AmeriCorps is a national service program that offers paid positions with significant professional development opportunities to individuals of all ages looking to make a difference in our community. They spend their days face-to-face with community members and volunteers. The Power of We Consortium focuses on two goals to Ingham County Residents:
- Increase consumption of healthy foods and reduce food insecurity with gardening, food distribution and referrals.
- Teach community members the importance of eating healthy food strategies to adopt better diets.
The PWC AmeriCorps State Program is looking to fill several positions focused on healthy lifestyles and food security in the Greater Lansing area.
- 450 hours served/ ~25 hours/week
- Living stipend of $3,200 distributed bi-weekly
- Loan forbearance for qualified student loans
- Education award upon successful completion of $1,538.36
- Continual professional development training & support
- The opportunity to serve with a team of passionate leaders working towards food sovereignty
- Professional and personal growth
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to be eligible for consideration to Andrea Villanueva, PWC AmeriCorps Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm Friday February 23rd. To apply for more than one position, candidates must indicate in their cover what positions they are applying for.