Kansas State University
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Kansas
Application Due Date: September 29, 2023
About This Role
The Tech Team will implement forestry-related tasks throughout the State of Kansas and will work under the direct supervision of the Tech Team Lead. Additional assistance and oversight will be provided by KFS field staff (district foresters, district fire management officers, and the forest health coordinator) to collect urban tree inventories, identify and monitor forest health threats, remove invasive species, measure and mark timber stands enrolled in conservation programs, wildland fire management, wildlife habitat improvement, collect viable seed, and assist with KFS grounds and Arboretum maintenance tasks. Training, guidance, and equipment will be provided for each of these tasks. The Tech Team will work a schedule of Monday-Thursday, 7:30am – 6:30pm each week.
This is a great opportunity to explore the many programs and services offered by the Kansas Forest Service and work across the State of Kansas.
Why Join Us
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
• GED or High School Diploma. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by a hiring manager.
• One year of relevant experience
• Undergraduate degree in Forestry or a closely related natural resource discipline
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience using and maintaining tools and equipment (chainsaws, drip torches, pole saws, pruners, backpack sprayers, and ladders)
• Experience following safety protocols and maintaining accurate records of work performed
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Valid Driver’s License upon employment
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents:
2. Cover Letter
3. Professional References
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range
$17.50 - $19.00/hour